A cookie is a small file which contains a random, unique identifier (made up of numbers). It is downloaded on to a device when a user accesses certain websites. A cookie allows the website to recognise that user’s device (through its identifier).
The cookies used on the A Frost Design Ltd website do not store or collect any personal data about website visitors.
The only other cookies we use on the site are for:
Tabs – some of our web pages are laid out in tabs, to help make the information easier to read. The website will generate a cookie to identify which Tab is selected and open on a page. The only data stored is about the page and the tab and not about the user.
‘Remember me’ – this function is used for those users who log in to the website and is optional. This cookie contains/collects no personal data.
How will we meet the principles of the GDPR?
We will process your personal information fairly and lawfully by:
1. only using it if we have a lawful reason and when we do, we make sure you know how we intend to use it and tell you about your rights;
We do not rely on consent to use your information as a legal basis for processing. In simple terms, this means we can use your personal information to provide services to you without seeking your consent. Please note under the regulation you do have a right to say no to our use of your information, but this could have an impact on our ability to provide services to you.
2. only collecting and using your information to provide you with our services and will not use it for any other purpose that is not considered by law to be for this purpose;
3. only using personal data that is relevant and necessary for us to carry out various tasks in providing our services to you;
4. keeping your personal information accurate and up to date when using it, and if it is found to be incorrect, we will make it right, where appropriate, as soon as we can;
5. only keeping your information in a way that will identify you for as long as we are required to, whilst ensuring your rights; and
6. having secure processes in place to keep your personal information safe and secure when it is being used, shared, and when it is being stored.
What information do we collect from you?
A Frost Design Ltd keeps records about the services we provide to you. This may include:
• basic details such as your name, address, telephone number(s), and email address;
• any contact(s) you have with us, and
• feedback information you provide.
Your personal information and records are in both electronic and hard copy paper format. Electronic records are held securely on a computer system and secure IT network.
Why do we collect this information about you?
Your information is used to guide, inform and record the services you receive and is vital in helping us to:
• have details of our contact with you and can see the services you have received;
• assess the quality of the services provided; and
• investigate if you have any concerns or a complaint about the service(s) you have received.
Who might we share your information with?
Your information will be shared with the team providing services for you.
You have the right to refuse and withdraw your consent to information sharing at any time. Please discuss this with a member of staff as this could have implications in how you receive further services.
The information from your records will only be used for the purposes that benefit the services we provide and we would never share it for marketing or insurance purposes.
How do we keep your information safe?
The organisation is committed to keeping your information secure and have operational policies and procedures in place to protect your information whether it is in electronic or hard copy (paper) format.
How can I access the information you hold about me?
You have the right to access and see the information we hold about you, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
Your request can be made in writing, email or verbally.